Completed secondary school at South East Union College, Singapore.
Awarded PGDK by the State Government of Sabah which carries the Title “Datuk” Awarded PSM by His Majesty The Yang Di-Pertuan Agong XII which carries the title “Tan Sri” on 7 June 2003. Some of the positions he served during his career are as below:-
- Political Secretary to the late Tun Fuad Stephens while he was Federal Minister for Sabah Affair (1964-1965)
- Deputy Secretary General of UPKO Sabah
- Information Chief of Party Berjaya Sabah (1979-1985)
- Member of the Sabah State Legislative Assembly (1981-1985)
- Chairman of Sabah Timber Association (1978-1985)
- Founder, Director and Chairman of Sabah Development Bank (1978-1985)
- Founder and director of Sabah Bank Berhad (1979-1985)
- Chairman of Sabah Finance Berhad (1977-1985)
- Chairman of Sabah Air Berhad (1981-1985)
- Currently Executive Chairman of Jaycorp Berhad ( formerly known as Yeo Aik Resources Berhad)
Mr. Anwar Hussein joined Jawala Corporation Sdn.Bhd in 2003, as Export Manager to oversee export of wood and palm oil products to countries in Africa and the Middle East. He was previously involved in the manufacture of plywood producing 72,000m3 annually exporting its plywood to Middle East markets.
He also sources wood products from various countries for export to the same markets. Mr. Anwar experience in the trading is an asset in helping Jawala to maintain its presence in the African and the Middle East markets.
He also travels extensively to Middle East and Africa. Mr.Anwar Hussein is currently the Executive Director of Jawala Corporation Sdn Bhd and all its subsidiaries. A position he still maintained until today.
Datuk Jema Khan graduated from the City University, London with a Bsc. (Hons) in Economics and Accountancy in 1985. He was the Managing Director of Jawala Corporation Sdn Bhd, a company involved mainly in the trading of wood and palm oil products, from 1988 to 2004. He also served as Chairman of Progressive Insurance Bhd, a company owned by the State Government of Sabah, from 1995 to 2000. He has also been active in politics having been elected to the national UMNO Youth EXCO (1993 – 2000) as well as head of UMNO Youth Sabah (1996 – 1999). He has travelled extensively and has vast experience in the international arena especially in non-traditional markets in North Africa and the Middle East.
Datuk Jema Khan was formerly Executive Deputy Chairman of Jaycorp Berhad (2006 – 2011), a furniture manufacturing company listed in the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia in which Jawala Corporation Sdn Bhd is one of the major shareholders.